Stanislaw Motyka – Sculptor, Photographer, Pedagogue, Animator of culture
I was born on the 10th of May, 1967 in Przeworsk. My passion for art was ignited by an art teacher in my elementary school in Siennów – Marian Posiak. I graduated National Art High School in Jarosław and Sculpture at National Fine Arts Academy in Kraków. I was a student of professors: Marian Konieczny, Stefan Borzęcki, Józef Sękowski, Czesław Dźwigaj, Bogusz Salwiński. I defended my diploma work: a set of sculptures named “Kapliczki” in 1994 and received the top grade. The artworks were exhibited in Kraków Palace of Art. “Art coming from the most common reality exists and it may be worth the most” – it is the motto of my diploma work in which I brought the most common objects (e.g. bottles, kites, potatoes, bread) to the rank of artworks.
In years 1989 – 1991 I was an apprentice in the workshop of a Russian artist living in the USA – Michail Chemiakin. In the year 2010 I completed a course for Culture managers organized by the National Culture Center and Association Marcel Hicter pour la Democratie Culturelle.
In the year 1997 I have settled in Kamień Pomorski, where I work on sculptures and spatial installations. I have also worked on the reconstruction of architectural details.
I have partaken in such exhibitions as: “Porvoo, pictures of the city” In Finnish Porvoo (2010) and in an exhibition in a Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw (2012).
I created sculptures and spatial installations such as:
– sculptures for a Health Resort in Świnoujście and National Park in Wolin
– Cross in memorial of victims of a fire in a social building in Kamień Pomorski
– Project of a sculpture of Zbigniew Religa for Kalisz Pomorski
– Project of a sculpture of Feliks Nowowiejski, a composer, for the Health Resort in Świnoujście
– A bust of Stanisław Moniuszko for the Concert Hall in Koszalin
– A bust of Tadeusz Mazowiecki
– In 2014 I was ranked 3rd place in a contest for a sculpture of Ludomir Mączka
– I also make medals and statues, e.g.: medal for 40th anniversary of the National Park in Wolin, medals for winners of European Optimist Class Sailing Championships
Parallel to creative work I work in cultural education. I was a teacher in a High School and a Middle School in Kamień Pomorski. From 2012 to 2015 I was a sculpture teacher in Art High School in Gryfice. I have created the Open Art Workshop where I teach art. I was one of the creators of the Kamień Pomorski Culture House and since 2009 I am a director there. I contribute to the West Pomerania Culture Forum – a network of Culture Houses. From 2011 to 2014 I was a councilman in the region of Kamień Pomorski. My wife Dorota Jędrzejewska – Motyka is an interior designer and a pedagogue. We have a son Antoni and a daughter Zofia.